- Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 zucchini sliced with skin on
- 6 cups of vegetable broth (or 4 cups broth + 2 cups water)
- Cashew Cream (optional, recipe to follow)
- Small handful of fresh basil
- Salt & pepper
In a large saucepan heat oil over medium high heat add the onion and garlic with a little salt. Once the mixture starts to brown a little (about 7-10 minutes) add the zucchini and sauté for 3-5 minutes more.
Add the vegetable broth and lower the heat a little. Let the flavors meld and the zucchini soften – 15 – 20 minutes.
Puree mixture and then strain through a fine mesh strainer back into your pot. Stir in the cream and basil and then season with salt and pepper.
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ – ¾ cup water
Soak cashews overnight, then drain and rinse them. Place in blender with enough water to cover a little over the top of the cashews. Puree until smooth. Add more water to create the consistency of heavy cream. You may strain the cream through a mesh strainer to remove any coarse pieces.