- Serves 4
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 medium summer squash, diced
- Small handful of green beans
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked or canned
- 1 15oz can of unsweetened coconut milk (I recommend Native Forest brand)
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bunches of any type of greens, washed and cut (kale, bokchoy, escarole, collards, turnip greens, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil strips for garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
In a large saucepan heat coconut oil and sauté onions and curry spices until the onions are soft (about 6-8 minutes). Add the vegetables, beans and coconut milk. Bring to simmer and add the vegetable stock. Two cups if you like it thick and add more as needed. Simmer until the potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes). Add the greens, then season with salt and pepper.
Serve with brown rice. Garnish with basil.