- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 package of Enoki or Shitake Mushrooms
- ½ cup snow peas
- ½ bunch of asparagus, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into ½” pieces
- ½ bunch kale, cut into ribbons
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- ½ cup Mirin (Eden Organic Brand or other brand without fructose)
- ½ cup Gluten Free Tamari
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3 cups water or veggie stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
In a wok or large pan with sides, heat coconut oil and add garlic, ginger and onions. Let simmer until brown. Add a little more oil if needed and toss in all of your veggies (except the sprouts). Give them a good mix and cover your pan so the veggies can steam. Steam for 5-10 minutes depending on how “al dente” you want your veggies.
Scoop a large spoonful of rice into a bowl; add a generous helping of veggies, a spoonful of teriyaki sauce and then top with sprouts.
In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce and simmer until reduced by half and thick and syrupy. Remove from heat.
Mix the rice, garlic and broth in a pot over high heat. When the broth comes to a boil, turn heat down to a simmer and cover. Cook until all the liquid has been soaked in the rice about 45 minutes.