- Serves 4
- 4 6-ounce snapper filets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ cup onion, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 tablespoon anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 28-ounce can Whole Roma plum tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup Kalmata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a large skillet heat oil over medium temperature, add onion and whole garlic and sauté until slightly browned about 4 minutes add anchovy filets cook for 30 seconds. Increase temperature to medium high, add whole tomatoes, crushing them against the pan with a fork. Cook for 10 minutes until slightly thickened. Add olives, capers and red pepper flakes and simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Sprinkle basil on top.
Cut snapper filet into 4 pieces, arrange in a shallow baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Spread sauce onto each filet, bake for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.