A great salad to flush out toxins. The liver is our main organ for detoxification. It produces and uses bile to processes toxins and fats. Beets are known support the flow of bile. The choline in fennel is known to reduce chronic inflammation plus adds a sweet anise flavor to this salad.
- Serves 4
- 1 head of kale, cut into small ribbons
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 beet, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 cup bean sprouts
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Dress only what you will eat with the dressing.
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 small handful of tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Sea salt to taste