This soup is full of flavor and gut healing ingredients. Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory as well as cayenne pepper and garlic. Zucchinis make this a perfect soup for the summer when zucchini’s are in season but you can replace these for other vegetables in season like squash during the winter.
- Serves 4
- 4 cups of filtered water and/or vegetable broth
- 1 leek chopped, white parts only, cleaned well
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups of carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, cut into medium dice, leaves removed
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or chipotle seasoning
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, rosemary or a mix
In a large saucepan, heat ¼ cup water in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook over low heat stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Add carrots and celery. Cook an additional 3 minutes. Add the water/stock, zucchini, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Add the kale and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes. Serve warm, store remaining soup in the refrigerator.